The IB and OSSD in combination
At AcadeCap, our students benefit from the philosophy, the approach, and the curricula of the Ontario Ministry of Education and the International Baccalaureate.
MYB Programme and Intra-Curriculars
Our younger students, from pre-Jk. to grade 6, follow the IB Primary Years Programme (IB PYP), while our grades 7-10 follow the Middle Years Programme (MYP). In grades 11 and 12, our students continue on with the Ontario OSSD curriculum, all the while taking full advantage of the higher-order thinking skills and rigorous preparation gleaned from completing the IB MYP. We also offer the services of an Ontario Ministry of Education licenced daycare: AcadeKidz.
This wide range of ages is no accident. We’ve said it before; at Acadecap, we’re a village. We therefore consider it important to encourage the mingling of different age groups, especially when it comes to daily intra-curriculars like Math, Coding, Jiu-Jitsu, Violin, Skiing, Visual Arts, Waterpolo, where ability and age don’t necessarily follow in lock-step. The result is a convivial atmosphere that one might be hard-pressed to witness in other schools.
Our Students …
- Construct learning according to their potential rather than solely based on their age and/or grade level;
- use and develop higher-order thinking skills (conceptual learning);
- participate in interdisciplinary and/or transdisciplinary problem-solving;
- develop collaborative social and workplace skills through interaction across the ages;
- learn to work respectfully alongside each other in an open-concept facility;
- become totally bilingual (french and english), and even multilingual;
- engage easily in learning “beyond the classroom” as a result of the “pick-up and go” potential of the small class;
- participate in e-long-distance learning to support geographical mobility and travel;
- understand connections between learning and the ‘real world”;
- play, inquire, problem-solve, develop passion and purpose travel and experience new environments;
- become active participant in order to make responsible choices to preserve their natural environment.