We are more than just a school
We are a one stop shop for all your educational needs
Founded in 1998, Académie de la Capitale (Acadecap International School) has been providing a rigorous, tailored bilingual and/or English education. IB PYP students engage in experiential learning in STEAM, International Languages and PSPE. Our approach to pre-secondary school (middle school) and the OSSD promotes in-depth understanding and learning of content, encouraging students to work hard and to make practical connections between disciplines and the real world, thus preparing them for post-secondary education.
Académie de la Capitale, IB World Private School:
- FRENCH IB Primary Years Programme: 75% in French, age 3.8 to grade 6
- HYBRID ENGLISH IB Primary Years Programme: 75 % in English, age 3.8 to grade 6, as of September 2015
- BILINGUAL Pre-Secondary School Programme (formerly the Middle Years Programme): 50% French/ 50% English, grades 7 to 8
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma: English, Bilingual, grades 9 to 12
- Pre and post school supervision from 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Intra and extra curricular activities : Music and Violin, Visual Arts, Mandarin, Spanish, Coding, ICT, Jiu-jitsu, Water Polo, Skiing, Gymnastics, Chess Masters, Advanced Math and more
- Summer day camps: AcadeCamp, AcadeCoders
- À la carte OSSD courses in Mathematics, Science and Languages
From Tuesday to Friday, AcadeCap students have the opportunity to participate in a hot meals programme catered by Cordon Bleu Chef Erick LePors of Dial-a-Chef. Every year, Chef Erick prepares and caters a superb internationally flavoured hot meal menu for our students.
Dial-a-Chef will take allergic sensitivities and religious-based requests into consideration.
At Académie de la Capitale, students have a formal uniform that they wear to school on Mondays, during school outings, and on other special occasions. In addition, students have a more casual uniform that they wear the rest of the week. Students are also required to wear a sports uniform for their Physical Education class. Académie de la Capitale school uniforms can be purchased from Land’s End with the school’s code through this link.
Académie de la Capitale offers a full-day Kinder (Junior Kindergarten and Senior Kindergarten) programme for ages 3 years and 8 months (in September) to 5 years. Through the IB PYP in the Early Years Setting, very young learners effectively use the curricula and receive stimulating, supportive interactions with their peers and teachers.
The IB knows that young learners are intelligent, resourceful and creative individuals who grow, develop and learn at different rates. They are encouraged to explore their environment and learn about their world through play and relationship with peers. Early Learning in the PYP is a holistic learning experience that integrates socio-emotional, physical and cognitive development. The dynamic PYP classroom allows young learners to play, discover and explore at their own pace, in a guided, inquiry-based environment.