Académie de la Capitale is celebrating Computer Science Education Week from December 5-11. Every day will feature an Hour of Code, which are hour long courses designed for ages 4 and over. Courses will be available for the following age groups: Pre-readers, Ages 6-8, and Ages 9-99. Maximum of 12 participants per day due to the number of laptops available. Participants may opt to bring their own laptops.
The courses are open to everyone and are free of charge. Availability is first-come, first-served. The courses are offered on December 5, 6, 8, and 9 from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
Pre-readers can enjoy an hour of coding using Kodable, a game-like tutorial that introduces kids to programming basics.
Younger children aged 6 to 8 can choose one of the following four tutorials and learn coding by using blocks:
- Star Wars: Learn to program droids and make games
- Minecraft: Create adventures through the Minecraft world
- Anna and Elsa: Create snowflakes and patterns and make your characters skate.
- Moana: Create adventures with Moana.
Students aged 9 and up will have a choice of the following:
- SQL Hour of Databases: Like playing with data? Learn how to manipulate data in a database and make your own custom store.
- HTML – Hour of Webpages: Learn how to make webpages with HTML tags and CSS.
Kindly email the filled forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a fax at 613-721-8183.
For more information, please contact us.